By Andrew R. Williams
A consultant to tackling the issues skilled in a undertaking of this nature appropriate to making plans and development keep an eye on strategies.
Read or Download Practical Guide to Single Storey House Extensions PDF
Similar urban planning & development books
City sprawl is likely one of the most crucial kinds of land-use adjustments presently affecting Europe. It more and more creates significant affects at the surroundings (via floor sealing, emissions via shipping and atmosphere fragmentation); at the social constitution of a space (by segregation, way of life adjustments and neglecting city centres); and at the financial system (via dispensed creation, land costs, and problems with scale).
Using details expertise within the public region has been an more and more trendy foreign pattern. With this speedy enlargement comes many concerns, demanding situations, and issues on the subject of the applying of public info expertise. The guide of analysis of Public details know-how compiles estimable study at the worldwide development towards the speedily expanding use of data know-how within the public quarter, discussing such matters as e-government and e-commerce; venture administration and data expertise assessment; procedure layout and information processing; safeguard and safety; and privateness, entry, and ethics of public info expertise.
- Improving Institutions for Green Landscapes in Metropolitan Areas - Volume 25 Sustainable Urban Areas
- OECD Territorial Reviews: Guangdong, China 2010
- Land-Use and Land-Cover Change: Local Processes and Global Impacts, 1st Edition
- Rural Livelihoods in China: Political economy in transition (Routledge Explorations in Development Studies)
- The Property Masters: A history of the British commercial property sector
- The Mediterranean City in Transition: Social Change and Urban Development (Cambridge Human Geography)
Extra resources for Practical Guide to Single Storey House Extensions
2. The floor level/oversite concrete level should not be lower than outside ground level. 3. The damp proof course (DPC) in the walls should be minimum 150mm above ground level. 4. The floor levels in the extension should indicate that they are at the same level as the existing. 5. Indicate opening vents on windows. 6. Windows over 12% of wall area should be double glazed. 7. Windows should be minimum 10% of floor area. ) 8. Opening lights on windows should be minimum 5% of floor area. 9. When building across a driveway with a garage and there is no other access around the house always provide rear door.
Where a ‘room’ opens off a ‘room’ and there is no other means of light/ ventilation the minimum opening between the two must be 1/20 of combined floor area. 12. As ‘rule of thumb’ drains should fall to a gradient of 1:40 for 100mm drains and 1:60 for 150mm drains. ) 13. Where drains and sewers are close to proposed new foundations ensure that foundations are low enough not to impose any load on the drain or sewer. Note also Figs 4 and 5. If a deep drain is near to a wall the trench must be backfilled with concrete.
Local Authorities are required to create and publish schemes of enhancement for conservation areas. Grants may be available to individuals who live in conservation areas—it is worth checking with the Local Authority. Expenditure on Professional fees also qualify for grant aid. Grants are however not available for new extensions. B. In conservation areas permitted development rules do not apply. When dealing with work in a conservation area you must be prepared to make enquiries with the Local Authority regarding their policies.