By Ian C. Bradley, M.C. Howard
Read or Download Classical and Marxian Political Economy: Essays in Honour of Ronald L. Meek PDF
Similar political economy books
The foreign association for Standardization (ISO) is the 1st full-length research of the most important nongovernmental, worldwide regulatory community whose scope and impression opponents that of the UN procedure. a lot of the curiosity within the successes and screw ups of world governance focuses round excessive profile organizations reminiscent of the United international locations, international financial institution and global alternate employer.
How has the us executive grown? What political and monetary components have given upward thrust to its law of the economic climate? those 8 case reports discover the late-nineteenth- and early twentieth-century origins of presidency intervention within the usa economic system, targeting the political effect of distinctive curiosity teams within the improvement of financial law.
1. creation 2. The Multifibre association three. The political financial system of exchange liberalization in textiles and garments four. The 'winners' and 'losers' of alternate liberalization in textiles and garments five. the european, China and textiles international relations less than the WTO 6. The WTO contract on Textiles and garments and the Caribbean 'offshore' improvement version 7.
Stefano Guzzini's examine bargains an knowing of the evolution of the realist culture inside of diplomacy and overseas Political economic system. It sees the realist culture no longer as a faculty of concept with a static set of mounted ideas, yet as a again and again failed try to flip the foundations of eu international relations into the legislation of a US social technological know-how.
- The Rise and Fall of Emerging Powers: Globalisation, US Power and the Global North-South Divide (Global Reordering)
- Culture and Political Economy in Western Sicily
- The Dawn of the Arab Uprisings: End of an Old Order?
- From Corporate to Social Media: Critical Perspectives on Corporate Social Responsibility in Media and Communication Industries (Routledge Advances in Sociology)
- Politics of Divination: Neoliberal Endgame and the Religion of Contingency (Reinventing Critical Theory)
- Cohesion Policy in the European Union: The Building of Europe
Additional info for Classical and Marxian Political Economy: Essays in Honour of Ronald L. Meek
163). It was concluded that 'the internal consistency ' of the procedure is 'fully vindicated' (Seton, 1957, p. 176) subject to one reservation: No doubt the ... [in variance postulates so far considered] ... do not exhaust all the possibilities. There may be other aggregates or relationships with perfectly reasonable claims to invariance whose candidacy has not so far been pressed. But ... the principle of equal profitability in conjunction with any one invariance postulate wz"ll completely determine all prices ...
Malthus, of course, was not Ricardo's only critic. West believed that the wage and rate of profit were positively related (see Stigler, 1952, p. 177). Other economists were, in general, not well disposed to accepting Ricardo's analysis. See Gordon (1959), Meek (1967, pp. 51-74) and Dobb (1973, pp. 96-136). 29. Ricardo (Works VI, p. 111). Malthus's position, like that of Ricardo, reflected an ideological commitment. In Malthus's case his opposition to Say's law reflected his attempt to reconcile the interests of the landlords and capitalists.
1979) Modern Theories of Income Distribution (London, Macmillan). HOWARD, M. C. and KING,]. E. (1975) The Political Economy of Marx (London, Longman). LAIBMAN, D. (1973). 'Values and prices of production: the political Introduction 41 economy of the transformation problem', Science and Society, vol. 37' pp. 404-36. LINDAHL, E. ( 1939) Studies in the Theory of Money and Capital (London, Allen & Unwin). MALTHUS, T. R. (1820) Principles of Political Economy (London, Murray). MARSHALL, A. (1890) Principles of Economics (London, Macmillan).